Mazatlán is applying repositioning strategies focused at a market that demands products that are more satisfactory and newer.
Today, the state features five successful alternative tourism models
- Ecotourism and sport fishing in Bahía de Santa María, La Reforma and Angostura.
- Ecotourism in the Mineral de Nuestra Señora Ecological Reserve, in Cosalá.
- Health tourism in the Celestino Gazca comunity, Elota.
- Rural tourism in El Quelite, Mazatlán.
- Ecotourism in the Chara Pinta reserve, El Palmito, Concordia.
In 2005, the Ministry of Tourism will invest 6.5 million pesos, which will trigger a three-part investment of 19.5 million dollars.
This budget will be used for urban and image improvement in various places like Camarón Sabalo avenue, the Historic Center and Puerto de Teacapán in addition to improving the urban-tourism infrastructure in Pánuco, in the municipality of Concordia.
Moreover, “Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay”, Ernesto Coppel’s company, will invest an additional 160 million dollars over the next 10 years.
These investments will be for the northern area of Nuevo Mazatlán, where the construction of an 18- hole golf course is planned as well as the development of 350 time-share villas.
Text: Araceli Cano ± Photo: Consejo de la promoción Turística