As every year, the International Wine and Spirit Competition showcased the best of the distillates within the 'Thropy Whinners' category, selected from the gold medalists awarded in the categories of SINGLE MALT, Scotch Whiskies, Bourbons and more.
- The six-year-old Westfalian Peated Single Malt from Germany was awarded the Worldwide Whisky Trophy, an outstanding title. According to the IWSC, there is exceptional depth on the palate thanks to its balance.
- Glory Leading 1972 Blended Scotch, 45 years old, was awarded the Blended Scotch Whisky Trophy, after being described as "pure class". Coming from Scotland, it is recognized for its sweet notes.
- Bunnahabhain Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 25 years old, was awarded the Single Malt Sotch Whisky 25 Years and Under Trophy. It was described as "well balanced with finesse and elegance".
- Glenfiddich Single Malt Scotch, 40 years old, from Scotland, won the Single Malt Scotch Whisky 26 Years and Over Trophy. An extra, is that the bottle can be customized to have a unique touch of distinction.
- 1820 Single Barrel Whisky, from Tennessee, was awarded the Bourbon Trophy, because it has "notes of nuts, backed by notes of vanilla and walnuts".
Before receiving the coveted title, the whiskies are evaluated by some of the most experienced judges at the IWSC.